Third Party Services
Cleaner, standardized data for your platform
Certification schemes, sourcing and traceability platforms are all making use of OAR IDs and enjoying access to a standardized set of data. The OAR also provides them with a greater understanding of the ecosystem surrounding the facilities in their databases.
Why contribute your facility list to the Open Apparel Registry?
Easily display and link to your facilities, including the ability to pull them into an embedded map on your website.
Connect and collaborate with brands and stakeholders affiliated with your facilities, by easily seeing other stakeholders who contributed to a facility.
Save time and money by automatically cleaning facility names and addresses against OAR IDs.
Being able to point current and prospective brand partners to facility profiles on an already widely accepted industry tool like the OAR gives us a single source of truth that we can use to find and share sourcing information for our certified factories.
- Fair Trade USA
How to contribute your facility data to the Open Apparel Registry:
Register: If you haven’t already, register for a free OAR account.
- Prepare + Upload: Prepare a CSV or Excel file of your supplier data, following the directions on the Contribute page of the OAR, and upload it to the OAR. A few items to consider when preparing your data:
- Please deduplicate your list. The OAR algorithm will check whether the facilities in your list already exist in the OAR and match them accordingly. However, the algorithm will not remove duplicates within your list. Therefore, we ask that you remove duplicate facilities from your list before uploading. Read more about what is considered a duplicate in the OAR.
- Separate your plots/units/buildings. Please only upload one plot/unit/building per line in your upload. This way, our algorithm and moderation team can easily match entries unit by unit.
Tip: Want to divide up your lists? The Open Apparel Registry allows users to search by list. This means that the name of your list will be publicly displayed. This can be useful if you are looking to separate facilities in a way that is searchable, such as a different list for each of your certification programs.
Resolve Errors: You’ll receive an email notification when your list has been processed. Once you’ve received this notification, check to see if you have any errors in your data and look through the "Processing Data in the OAR" section of our FAQs (one common and easily resolved error is a typo in a country name, for instance). Resolve the errors in your CSV or Excel file and re-upload it to the OAR, replacing your previous file.
- Confirm / Reject: When you upload your list, the OAR algorithm will work to match your facilities with those already in the database. For those that are obvious duplicates, the algorithm will automatically match them. For those where the algorithm is below 80% confident it is a match, you will be asked to manually confirm or reject matches of your facilities with those already in the database. Be sure to complete this step, in order for all of your facilities to display in the OAR.
See who else is connected to your facilities: Once you have contributed to the OAR, check out your facility profiles to see which other companies and organizations are connected to the facilities you work with.
Share your OAR contribution: Link directly to your supplier data on the OAR from your website, so your users can easily search and navigate through your list. These free graphics are available for use to point users to your OAR contribution on your website, LinkedIn profile, and/or on social media.
- Encourage your facilities to claim their profiles: We recommend you reach out to the facilities on your list to notify them that you’ve contributed data to the OAR and encourage them to claim their profiles on the tool (here is some suggested text you can use). By claiming their facilities on the OAR, facility owners or senior management can add additional details to their profiles, including:
Number of workers
Percentage of female workers
Parent company / supplier group
Want to automatically integrate your facility data with the OAR?
The OAR offers one and two-way integrations between your database and the OAR via the OAR API.
Learn more about how it works and available packages on our dedicated API page.
Looking to display facility data on a map on your website?
The Open Apparel registry offers an easy-to-use embedded map plug-in for your website. By subscribing to this Premium Feature, you’ll be able to simply upload your data to the OAR and then pull just your organization’s data into a supplier map on your website. You can even include additional data points not hosted on the OAR, including those specific to your organization’s needs.